You might like your dog and you have a pet in the house that often gets dirty by urinating on your carpet? That’s why there’s nothing more difficult than carpet cleaning before they dry. Leaving dog urine on your carpet not only makes your carpet dirty but also breeds harmful bacteria.
The strong smell of ammonia in dried urine makes it difficult to eliminate. If you clean up fresh urine stains and odors right away, you can prevent it from getting worse, and should your dog stop peeing your home’s needs, eliminating its odor can make your carpet cleaning fresh again. So, Below are five ways you can save yourself from getting the smell coming from the carpet.
- Track odor
First, by tracking down the source of the odor in your carpet, if you see a urine stain, use a waste cloth to absorb the urine.
- Club soda and sponge
- Sprinkle club soda over the urine-stained area.
- Then dab it on the club soda areas with the sponge, so that the urine can get into the sponge instead of going inside the carpet.
- Blot the urine from the carpet with a cotton towel.
- Spray the air freshener on the stained area.
- Take a spray bottle and mix vinegar with water. So, It is a natural cleaner that helps remove the ammonia smell present in urine stains.
- Now spray the water solution on the vinegar in place of urine and leave it for some time.
- Pat the vinegar solution with the help of a sponge and leave it to dry again.
- After it dries, sprinkle baking soda on wet areas in the carpet.
- Leave it like this for 15 minutes for the baking soda to become prevalent to absorb the smell.
- Then use a vacuum cleaner to wipe off the baking soda. So, The urine will be completely removed from the carpet.
- Detergent and peroxide use
- Make a solution of hydrogen peroxide and any detergent liquid. Mix half a cup of peroxide with one teaspoon of detergent. If your carpet is light in color, use a non-color detergent.
- Pour a solution made from hydrogen peroxide mixed with baking soda onto the carpet and scrub with a light brush.
- Leave the stain to dry on its own.
- If there is any remaining baking soda, then soak it up with a vacuum cleaner.
- You add baking soda so it dries, you just have to get it out of your carpet.
- If you have a pet hair remover attachment on your vacuum cleaner, use it.
- This breaks down any hardening of the baking soda.
- If you don’t have this type of attachment, you can use a small, stiff brush to break up any stubborn bits.
Sometimes pet urine and odors can be difficult to get rid of from your carpet, but you can try a few methods to reduce those odors, eliminate odors. So, make your carpet fresh and pet-friendly at the same time.