If you are having small children or any pets at your apartment there are 100% chances that regardless of how much care you take of your carpet of not getting urinated but tough somehow it does. Yes, we cannot manage every time asking small children or small puppies or any pet to not use the carpet area.
With every different carpet, the fibre does ask the therapy which best suits it. And accordingly, you will have to work on it, or else you might end up damaging the beautiful and expensive piece of your decor.
Most of the time you might just be in either of two situations. Whether the urine is fresh to clean up or it might have passed days of days. Hence, lets us move further with the two methods for the best way to remove urine stains from the carpet.
Note:- Before trying any of the home remedies over your carpet first try applying the same on some un-eyed area of your carpet.
Method 1 – Cleaning The Fresh Urine Off Your Carpet
- Step 1 – The very first step you need to work on is you will have to put on some paper towels on the urinated area so as to soak up all the liquid as much as possible. Continue the same until all the urine is soaked up in the paper towel. Pressurize the paper towels with some weight if needed.
- Step 2 – Blend the same quantity of half glass of white vinegar and water. Spray it over the carpet and soft scrub the affected area with a brush.
- Step 3 – Dry the carpet by blotting it up with either white cloth or paper towels.
- Step 4 – Sprinkle and apply some baking soda on the mixture of water and vinegar that was sprayed earlier and leave it for 24 hours or overnight to let it work for you.
- Step 5 – Blot the area with the mild detergent and the clean cloth. Once this is done, rinse the carpet with the normal cold water and dry it by dabbing the stained area.
Method 2 – Cleaning Old Pee Stains From Your Carpet Or Rug
- Step 1- Spot the yellow marks of the stains on your carpet and wet the affected area with the cold water. Spray an enzymatic cleaner on the stained area. Watch out if your carpet is wool fibre so use wool friendly cleaners. Wet the paper towel and put it over the stain and let it stay overnight with some pressure on it.
- Step 2 – The next day vacuum the area and try to use minimal detergent if the spot is not yet gone.
Note:- If your carpet is of delicate material, it is highly recommended to hire a professional.
- Step 3 – Sprinkle mild detergent on it and boot it with the clean white cloth or paper towel and rinse the same with water and dry it only if your carpet is of synthetic fibre
- Step 4 – Try opting for oxidizing your old stains. Prepare a blend of ½ teaspoon of bleach and 950ml of distilled water. Spray it over the carpet area and let the carpet soak up. After several minutes soak it up either with a vacuum or paper towels.
Call Us For More Clarifications And Same-Day Bookings
Regardless of your end number of house remedies, it is advised to not take any risk with the fibre of your carpet and better to concern and hire a professional carpet cleaner. Back 2 new cleaning is one of the reputed and trusted Carpet Cleaning Brisbane.