Carpet is like an ornament for enhancing the elegant outlook of your interiors. Be it office or home, carpets make the floor look attractive and vibrant. Moreover, it is their colours, textures, patterns and fluffiness which make them one of the most valued possessions. All the attractiveness and elegance lies in the look of the carpet. Hence, to maintain this feature, cleanliness is the main key.
Various methods of carpet cleaning by do-it-yourself and home remedy methods are known. Professional carpet cleaning services In Brisbane are also hired. But few steps however can help you prevent the carpets from getting dirty and stained.
How To Prevent Carpets Getting Dirty?
- Use doormats at the entrance of the carpet area. This will reduce the amount of outdoor dust released by footwear over the carpet surface.
- If it is your home, try to make the carpeted area a no-shoe zone. This will prevent excessive accumulation of dust and debris over the carpet surface in the same fashion.
- Similarly, try to keep the doors and windows closed if opening them is not required very urgently. This will prevent the entry of outdoor dust which can settle over the carpet surface.
How To Maintain Carpets Regularly?
- Vacuum the carpets regularly on a daily basis.
- Avoid using hard vacuum bristles or dusters as they might result in wear and tear of the carpet surface.
- Prevent the accumulation of moisture over the surface of the carpet. This moisture can penetrate the layers of the carpet along with dust settling over the surface.
- Take immediate steps to clean stains and marks from the surface of the carpet. Additionally, you must take appropriate steps for stain removal as soon as you notice it. If the DIY method does not work, immediately hire the professional carpet cleaning service in Brisbane.
How To Remove Stain And Odour From A Carpet?
For removing stain and odour, you require the following items:
- White vinegar,
- Baking powder,
- Hot water (lukewarm),
- Spray bottle,
- Soft-bristled brush or wipe,
- Clean cotton cloth or paper towel.
Procedure: Mix white vinegar with hot water in a bowl. Pour it in the spray bottle and spray gently over the stained area. Leave the solution to settle for a few minutes. Gently wipe the area with a soft-bristled brush. Repeat this step two to three times and you will obtain a clean surface. Allow the area to dry. Once it gets dry, sprinkle baking powder over it. This will disinfect and deodorise the carpet. Leave the baking powder for an hour to settle. Finally, vacuum the carpet surface to remove residue of the cleaning process.
How To Spot Clean The Carpet?
Use a clean white cloth instead of using colored ones as they can transfer some of their colour to the carpet. Paper towels are also quite effective in this case. If it is a fresh wet stain, blotting it with cold water or hydrogen peroxide might be useful. Do not use warm water however as this can make the stain deep.
If the stain is dry, blotting with hydrogen peroxide is a practice you must follow. Enzyme or ammonia-based cleaners are best to get rid of pet urine stains. Always make sure to test a small area before applying the solution to the stain. This will help you know about any negative aspects which might happen. Also, blot the stain gently and do not be too harsh. Avoid scrubbing altogether in order to avoid causing damage to your carpets.
All these methods will keep your carpet clean, stain and odour free and in shape. But you must hire professional carpet cleaning services to ensure an appropriate cleaning regime for your carpet.
Hire The Professional Carpet Cleaning Service
The professional cleaning services extend the life of your carpet. Back 2 New Cleaning is the best when it comes to carpet cleaning services. We have expert staff and go the extra mile to give your carpets a new-like look.
Our best professional cleaners will make your carpet free of all kinds of dirt and stain. There will be no health risk from the carpet after you get them cleaned by our professionals. So call us today to hire the most experienced carpet cleaners.