We all know how nasty and annoying oil stains on the carpets are. Oil stains are very stubborn and can often lead to entrapment of dirt and mud. This trapping of mud can lead to permanent decolourisation and damage to the carpet. Oil and grease provide an excellent environment for the germs to flourish and this contamination can affect your health in many ways. So it becomes necessary for you to take care of carpet oil stain removal on time and avoid any damage to your carpets as well as to your health. You can always hire professional carpet cleaning services for carpet oil stain removal and restoration of the carpet as well. In the meantime, you can follow this easy guide on how to get rid of oil stains from the carpet.
Materials you will be needing :
- Spare Clothes or cleaning papers
- Carpet stain removing soap or detergent
- CornStarch or Baby powder
Steps for carpet oil stain removal are :
- Step 1: Old stains can permanently fix themselves on the carpet and as the time goes on the stain can often lead to permanent damage. So you need to freshen up the old stain by adding some amount of transparent oil or glycerine before oil stain removal.
- Step 2: Take some absorbent cloths or paper towels and use them to dab on the freshened stain. Dab it continuously to remove excess of oil and make sure you do not dab firmly so as to avoid the spread of oil around the carpet. Repeat the dabbing to make sure all of the extra oil is removed and follow step 3.
- Step 3: After soaking up all the extra oil, now you can use cornstarch for oil stain removal. Pour some amount of cornstarch over to the stain and cover the stain completely with it. Afterwards, use a brush and clean the stained patch thoroughly. Also, clean the bottom of the stained part of the carpet in the same way. Brushing will help in the removal of dirt and extra starch powder. Now cover the entire stained patch with cornstarch again and leave it over it for an hour.
- Step 4: After an hour has gone by, attach an upholstery hose on the vacuum cleaner and run the cleaner over to the stain. Make sure you remove any amount of cornstarch present on the stain and clean the bottom of the carpet as well.
- Step 5: If the oil stain still persists, you can use oil removing soap or detergent to finish the oil stain removal process. Pour the detergent on the stain and some amount of water to create lather. You should now use a brush or an old toothbrush to gently clean and remove oil stain from the carpet and repeat if necessary.
- Step 6: For drying process take two dry clothes or paper towels and put them on the surface of the stain and directly below it. Press the clothes or paper towels firmly and repeat pressing until all the water is removed. Leave the carpets under the final for complete drying
Professional Assistance: Back 2 New Cleaning, Australia
Most of the time oil stains go unnoticed because of being transparent and invisible . as the time goes on they trap dirt making it quite visible and appalling. Back 2 New Cleaning, Australia offers complete professional carpet cleaning services 24×7. Our team of expert professionals can deliver any kind of carpet related services like stain removal, oil stain removal, carpet sanitization or carpet deodourization. We will take care of your carpet restoration and repair in no time.